Homeowners in Sidcup and the surrounding areas will be happy to know that the professional and cheap and cost effective loft conversion projects we manage do not usually require planning permission. The majority of VELUX loft conversion and dormer loft conversion installations fall within in the UK building regulations, however there are some exceptions to take into consideration. The team at our loft conversion company is fully qualified to advise domestic clients on whether they require a permit for their loft conversion project, as part of our dedicated service.
Residents in Sidcup and the local areas will benefit from a complete design and installation service, included in the cheap and cost effective loft conversion rates we offer. This involves guidance and management for any planning permission requirements they may need.
Our loft conversion company works with skilled architects and builders to carry out VELUX loft conversion and dormer loft conversion projects to high standards of quality. During the design and initial planning process, we recommend that Sidcup clients ensure their VELUX loft conversion or dormer loft conversion meets the UK building criteria. You can rely on the expertise of our loft conversion company’s builders and architects to confirm this on your behalf.
The approval for loft conversion construction can take up to 8 weeks for authorisation. Therefore, we recommend that Sidcup homeowners take this into account when organising their loft conversion plan.
For our professional and cheap and cost effective loft conversion projects, including VELUX loft conversion and dormer loft conversion installations at properties in Sidcup and the nearby areas, the following codes must be adhered to:
• The total area of the loft conversion doesn’t exceed 40 cubic metres for terraced houses or 50 cubic metres for detached or semi-detached properties. This includes any additional extensions to your loft conversion
• The loft conversion isn’t built higher than apex of the roof and doesn’t extend further than the existing plane of the roof
• The construction materials resemble the existing exteriors of your Sidcup home
• There are no balconies, verandas or additional raised platforms added
• Windows fitted at the side of the property, such as a side dormer loft conversion, contain obscured or frosted glass for privacy, with openings are no lower than 1.7m above floor level
• Loft conversions, including dormer loft conversions which extend outwards, are at least 20cm from the existing eaves
If the property in Sidcup or the surrounding area is in a conservation area, a heritage site or built on land of natural beauty, planning permission may be refused.
Once confirmation has been received from the local Sidcup council, our loft conversion company will carry out VELUX loft conversion or dormer loft conversion projects to suit your budget, timeline and design specifications.
Throughout the construction process, our qualified building contractor will ensure the correct health and safety procedures are observed for high-quality, cheap and cost effective loft conversion installations. This includes inspecting any plumbing and electrical work that has been completed at your Sidcup home.
Loft Conversion Bromley | VELUX Loft Conversion Beckenham | Dormer Loft Conversion Croydon | Loft Conversion Company Crystal Palace cheap and cost effective Loft Conversion Forest Hill | Loft Conversion Norwood | VELUX Loft Conversion Sevenoaks | Dormer Loft Conversion Dartford | Loft Conversion Company Dulwich | cheap and cost effective Loft Conversion Sidcup | Site Map